Roast aubergine dip
- two aubergines
- half a lemon
- some coriander leaves
- dried red chilli pepper (such as Italian peperoncino)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Perfect for summer and for enjoying with brand-new Chouffe crackers, here’s a delicious roast aubergine dip that’s super easy to make!
- Preheat your oven to 200° (fan-assisted).
- Wash the aubergines and cut them in half lengthways. Cut a criss-cross pattern in the flesh of each half.
- Place the aubergines on an oven tray.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt.
- Bake for about 30-40 mins until the flesh of the aubergines is nice and tender.
- Meanwhile, chop the coriander finely.
- Remove the aubergines from the oven and allow to cool.
- Remove the flesh with a spoon and place in a bowl. Mash with a fork.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil, the juice of half a lemon and the coriander. Mix well.
- Then add a little pepper and the red chili pepper. Mix again.
It’s ready to serve!