MEATBALLS LIEGE-STYLE WITH MC CHOUFFE
FOR 4 PERSONS
PREPARATION: 30 MINS – COOKING TIME: 25 MINS
- 1 kg of chopped pork and veal
- 1 egg
- 2 sliced onions
- 200 gr breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, nutmeg
- For the sauce:
- 15 cl water
- ½ sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Raisins, prunes
- 2 tablespoons of Liège syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Mc CHOUFFE®
- To make the meatballs, grease an ovenproof dish with butter and lightly flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C. Mix the ingredients and shape the meatballs, using about 120gr per meatball.
- Place the meatballs on the oven dish and cook at 200°C for around 20 minutes.
- For the sauce, put all the ingredients a pan, and cook over a low heat.
- Bring to the boil, add the meatballs and reduce for a few minutes.
- One minute before serving, add the Mc CHOUFFE®, add a stock cube, and serve.