VELVETY PANCAKES WITH CHOUFFE BOK
- 250 g flour
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 50 cl of Chouffe Bok
- 30 g butter + 20 g butter to grease the pan
- 30 g sugar (optional)
- Garnishing, as preferred: brown sugar, sugar, jam, chocolate spread, honey, butter, etc.
- Place the flour (and sugar if you choose to sweeten the dough) and salt in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the centre, and break the eggs into it whole.
- Stir the dough vigorously with a spoon (preferably wooden). Add a little beer, then stir.
- Gradually add the beer until the dough has a nice consistency.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture. Beat with a whisk to smooth out any lumps.
- It is possible to add orange blossom extract, a little lemon juice, vanilla, or perhaps a dash of rum?
- Leave the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour, covered with a clean cloth.
- After resting, pour a ladle of dough into the pan, and cook each pancake for 3 min, sautéing it or flipping it halfway with a spatula.
- It is possible to partially replace the beer with milk or water, according to taste.